Advanced Mastering Neurotoxins
Learn the art and science of neurotoxins and dermal fillers in this 16-hour aesthetic medical training course. Explore the essential cosmetic uses of FDA-approved neurotoxins and dermal fillers during morning instruction and live patient injecting sessions with our expert trainers.
Instruction will include historical perspective on the use of neurotoxins and dermal fillers, focusing on facial anatomy and physiology as well as facial mapping and injection techniques.
The presentation will also discuss off-label use, but will focus on the aging face, principles and practices for achieving optimal results for facial shaping as well as wrinkle/fold reduction and basic facial rejuvenation with the use of dermal filling agents.
During the course, live demonstration and video instruction will prepare you for the hands-on injections sessions required to achieve your certification. This course, by The Florida Aesthetic Training Institute, offers the tools to start treating patients for upper face neurotoxins and lower face filler upon completion. Clinical aids are supplied for the training and future guidance in your practice.
- Review FDA approved neurotoxins and dermal fillers MOA, efficacy, safety
- History of neurotoxin and fillers and biochemistry of each product
- Facial aging and changes how it relates to botox and fillers
- Facial muscle anatomy and differences between male and female
- Pt assessment & evaluation for both fillers/ botox with face marking
- Learn techniques for successful injections of botox upper face
- Learn techniques for dermal fillers in NLF, ML, OC, Peri-oral region, and lip enhancements using hyaluronic acid fillers.
- Learn the art and science of dermal fillers and neurotoxins.
- Anesthesia techniques for patient comfort
- Possible complications and how to avoid them or correct adverse reactions
- Drug interactions and contraindications of both
- Clinical studies reviewed
- Live patient assessment, diagnosing, and delivery of all products
- Business, product fee structures, and ROI success
- Observing live patients and injecting at least 2-3 models per attendee
- All consents and treatment record provided to incorporate into your practice
- One-on-one mentored instruction with our expert instructors
- 2-day course with hands-on injection each day
Please note that if you cancel this training within 14 days of the training date, you will be subject to a $200 cancellation fee.
This activity is intended for physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners and other healthcare professionals interested in non-surgical facelifts.
Upon completion of the educational activity, participants should be able to:
1. Identify correct placement of botox upper face.
2. Identify correct placement of dermal fillers in lower face and lips. Be confident of dental blocks when necessary.
3. Identify science of botox and dermal fillers and why we use different products for various areas of the face to achieve correct rejuvenation.
4. Identify the proper patient selection for the procedure.
5. Identify complications for both botox and dermal fillers and how to avoid them when possible.
Criteria for Success Statements of credit will be awarded based on the participant’s attendance and submission of the activity evaluation form. A statement of credit will be available upon completion of an online evaluation/claimed credit form at http://akhinc.formstack.com/forms/flafn. You must participate in the entire activity to receive credit. If you have questions about this CME/CE activity, please contact AKH Inc. at email@example.com.
CME/CE Credit provided by AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint sponsorship of AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare and FL Aesthetic Training Institute. AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare designates this live activity for a maximum of 14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
NCCPA accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME.
AKH, Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare is accredited by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners as an approved provider of nurse practitioner continuing education. Provider Number: 030803.
This program is accredited for 14 contact hour(s) which includes 0 hour(s) of pharmacology. Program ID #21727.
This program was planned in accordance with AANP CE Standards and Policies and AANP Commercial Support Standard
Activity is jointly-provided by AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare and FL Aesthetic Training Institute.
Denise E. Merdich, MS., ARNP ARNP/CEO
Florida Aesthetics Training Institute, LLC Tierra Verde, FL
Denise E. Merdich, MS., ARNP discloses no financial relationships with pharmaceutical or medical product manufacturers.
AKH planners and reviewers have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
There is no commercial support for this activity.